Grady's Reviews > Murder Death Resurrection

Murder Death Resurrection by Eileen R Tabios

‘I forgot exodus.’

Eileen R. Tabios is one of the more adventuresome and truly creative poets before the public today. She is absolutely able to write poems in the usual styles and make her works resonate with every reader. But she always is searching for ways to push the use of words into formats or situation that challenge the brain as well as heart. She makes us think: she makes us work. And she is able in this book to entertain.

MURDER DEATH RESURRECTION is another direction for her – and Eileen describes it best – ‘Poetry. "A five-year (2013-2018) project, MURDER DEATH RESURRECTION (MDR), includes 'The MDR Poetry Generator' that brings together much of my poetics and poet tics. The MDR Poetry Generator contains a data base of 1,167 lines which can be combined randomly to make a large number of poems; the shortest would be a couplet and the longest would be a poem of 1,167 lines. ... Yet while the MDR Poetry Generator presents poems not generated through my personal preferences, the results are not distanced from the author: I created the 1,167 lines from reading through 27 previously-published poetry collections--the title's references to murder, death and resurrection reflect the idea of putting to death the prior work, only to resurrect them into something new: sometimes, creation first requires destruction."--Eileen Tabios’
Eileen’s new book is a lesson, an introduction, a puzzle, and a surprisingly rich little book. And the manner in which she communicates these ideas is a series of themes base on the statement ‘I Forgot’.

I forgot one can choose always to face the horizon.
I forgot any reason for you to hold my hand as a day unfolded.
I forgot why lovers destroy children to parse the philosophy of separation.
I forgot “Mutual Funds” is an oxymoron.
I forgot vivid is subjective.
I forgot fear is a loss.
I forgot birds forming a toupee for trees.
I forgot how you saw a tree and felt a rope.
I forgot how you saw a cloud, but felt a hammer.
I forgot imagination cannot alchemize air into protein.
I forgot the lucidity of ancient mountains.
I forgot pausing to scratch with a missing finger.
I forgot the differences between desires of father and fodder.
I forgot anthologies of glass.

Read Eileen R. Tabios and connect with the mind of the universe – or at least the minds of the inhabitants of the globe. She requires us to think, readjust our thoughts, and find that thread that connects us all.

I never tire from discovering new works by Eileen R. Tabios. She makes my eyes more open, my brain more alert, my heart - richer.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder Death Resurrection.

Finished Reading