Aubrey- CGSR's Reviews > N9ne: The Tale of Kevin Clearwater

N9ne by T.M. Frazier

bookshelves: arc, could-not-put-down-books, dark-romance, dual-pov, romantic-suspense

3.5 out of 5 ‘Nine gets his story’ Stars

Ok. Here goes. I read this book and at first, I was like "oh man that's a five-star read." And then the more I thought about it I felt like it was more like a 3.5 star read. Here's why.....

First off let me make it clear that I am a huge fan of T.M. Frazier and her King series kicks ass! Buuuut this last book was just ok for me. Kevin, aka Nine, was a great character and Lenny, aka Poe, was also an ok character and their story was alright but it wasn't explosive or like hurry-up and-turn-the-page-to-see-what-happens-next kind of story. I felt like the other books in this series were just so freaking amazing that I held Nine's story to the same standard, but it just didn't capture me as the others did. I honestly was more excited when Preppy and King and the crew made appearances in the book....like I wanted more of them, more of their stories.

I did think that Nine was a cool guy and I liked the fact that he liked Poe for who she was; flaws and all. He didn't try to change her. He just liked her as her. I wasn't a huge fan of Poe's but she and Nine had chemistry. The ending was a little predictable but not in a way that ruined the story. I guess I was so excited about this book - been waiting for it to come out- and it kinda fell flat for me. But I enjoyed getting glimpses of past characters and even mentions of integrated characters from T.M. Frazier's Perversion Trilogy. I love how she tied it all together. But all in all, it was just O-K.

Happy Reading!!
*Reviewer for Country Gals Sexy Reads*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read N9ne.

February 16, 2018 – Shelved