Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore's Reviews > On His Knees

On His Knees by Laura Kaye

bookshelves: bdsm, bdsm-club-series, gay-romance, novella, infatuatedpodcast

See the full review, with tweetable quotes and a tour giveaway, at GraveTells: http://bit.ly/GTReview-OnHisKnees-GR

I love the banter between the Masters at Club Blasphemy, especially Alex's stern sadist front squared off against Kyler's demanding, sarcastic wit. I've only read one other Blasphemy story so far—Kyler's, which is the crossover from the Hard Ink series (read my review here)—and it was fan-freaking-tastic, but you don't need to have read any of the previous books in this series (or the Hard Ink series) to enjoy On His Knees.

Jamie and Alex are perfectly suited to one another. Their kinks line up perfectly—an experienced sadist and a newbie masochist (who is new to both kink and relationships with men)—and these guys sizzle from their very first encounter. I don't think I've seen pain play portrayed quite so honestly or dynamically. It's not something I'm personally into, but these scenes are damn hot. Dirty hot. Brutal hot. Humiliatingly hot. Get the gist? *wink*

Consensual non-con is one of my guilty pleasure themes, when done right, and this story treats it beautifully. I also adore the fact that Alex isn't Mr. Big Bad Sadist all the time. When they're home alone, they're a relatively normal couple. It's such a healthy portrayal of what a lifestyle relationship can look like. Not that 24/7 relationships can't be healthy—I just mean it's nice to see the characters consciously make that switch and be casual outside of play time. And, of course, like pretty much every other Laura Kaye romance ever, the emotional climax of the book had me in tears. *happy sigh* I love this story. It was immediately one of my new favorite m/m romances of all time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On His Knees.