Ibran Khan's Reviews > Mine's Bigger than Yours!

Mine's Bigger than Yours! by Jeanne Willis

U 50x66
Nov 01, 2011

This book I found in a year 1 class and I do believe it's for 5-6yr olds. It's a good book to lay down some basic principles such as why not to bully and how to respond when bullying.
It's a very simple story of a lollipop and two monsters; one big and one small. The small monster is minding his own business licking his lollipop when the big monster comes along to try and steal the lolli by shouting 'Im bigger than you, give me the lolli or I'll...'. The whole story follows this trend and highlights alot of body parts such as feet,nose,mouth,legs etc. For that reason it's a good book to reenforce body parts.
In addition, it's useful to highlight how the small monster responds to the big monster throughout the story as these are useful strategies that children can use to respond appropriately to those mistreating them.
It's good to read with a small/large group of children since the illustrations are big and colourful.
I would recommend every KS1 teacher to have this book in their classroom!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine's Bigger than Yours!.