Fred's Reviews > A Dance with Dragons

Oct 31, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from October 31 to November 14, 2011

SPOILER ALERT

Okay, so this is far better than the last book in the series in my opinion and maybe that's because it had more of the people that I like in it more often. That being said, I want to take a moment to point out that I think it's a complete and utter freaking catastrophe that Jon Snow died. Damn you George R.R. Martin! Someone should send you to the wall for that, and if he's not dead after being stabbed that many times then you should be sent to the wall for the cliff hanger of an ending that you left me with.

But in all seriousness, this is a great book and it says a lot about how well written and developed the characters are that I even like Jon Snow that much. As a fledgling writer I spent a lot of time studying the writing style in here, studying things that I normally wouldn't about how conversations and things are structured. Martin has a fairly unique style in a of ways and part of it makes me want to dig out the other books and read them again but I know I won't do that, just not my thing.

Oh, and if Jon freaking Connington doesn't succeed then I wash my hands of Westeros. Every time I decide that I like someone they die. And not die in their sleep either. They get stabbed a half a dozen times, or beheaded or some other painful and unpleasant thing. Maybe I should just stop liking anyone because they're all going to die anyway. Maybe that's the moral of the story, don't like anyone because they'll just up and die on you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dance with Dragons.

10/31/2011 page 10