Lucy's Reviews > Mud Vein

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher

bookshelves: contemporary, dark, favourites-2018, hard-hitting-contemporaries, m-f-romance

“That’s what it’s like to be a prisoner of anything. You want your freedom until you get it, then you feel bare without your chains.”

I went into this book barely knowing anything about it and I definitely think that's the best way so i'm not going to mention anything about the plot of this one. I wasn't expecting this book. I went into this thinking it was a mix of a dark romance and a thriller, but it was neither of those things. This book doesn't fall into any of the usual genres for me, it stands completely out on it's own. This was raw and real. It touched me in ways I didn't expect and left me emotionally drained. Tarryn Fisher is such an exceptional writer, honestly the writing here is so incredibly beautiful, that I feel like I need to read everything she's ever written. I just loved this one so much, and I feel like it's a story that i'm never going to forget.

Also, I 100% recommend listening to the music that is mentioned in this book. I'd never heard Landscape before, but it really does fit this book perfectly.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mud Vein.

February 14, 2018 – Shelved