P Leslie's Reviews > The Devilish Duke

The Devilish Duke by Maddison Michaels

bookshelves: historical-romance

*I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinion stated are solely my own and no one elses*

The Devilish Duke was a fantastic read and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. This book has it all; romance, wit, humour, danger, mystery and suspense - lets just say there was never a dull moment.

The book was written beautifully but quite slow paced.

The beginning with Sophie hiding in the tree was extremely funny especially, when she fell out of it and ended up in front of Devlin. You could sense the sparks igniting between the two: just waiting for the right time to explode.

Sophie was intelligent, strong yet stubborn but I loved it when she went head to head with Devlin. Devlin wasn’t what the rumours made out him to be and I enjoyed watching his many layers come apart and getting to know the man he actually was.

Sophie and Devlin were amusing and well matched in their bantering. She’s passionate and fiery whereas, he was very perceptive and logical. These two clashed heads several times but that also leads them to open their heart to one another.

The characters were amazing and the plot was definitely intriguing yet gripping. This author truly exceeded my expectations and I look forward to reading more of her books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devilish Duke.

February 14, 2018 – Started Reading