Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > The Hung Jury

The Hung Jury by Robert   Innes

bookshelves: 5-stars-favourites, favorites, arc-advanced-reader-copy

I'm a huge fan of the Blake Harte Mysteries series and when I heard that Robert Innes has a new book, this time with a cool heroine in the pipeline I was really excited to read it.

Robert Innes knows how to capture the reader and with The Hung Jury is a marvelous example how to mix an amateur investigator with a crime scene, this time a trial, where our heroine, Nicola is one of the jury member. The book gives an interesting insight of how the judicial system is working and what it means to be a jury member.

I liked the combination of the really thrilling crime case with Nicola's main job, working in a café for her best friend, where she meets her "partner in crime" Alex, and with a bit persuasion she gets him to help her. I'm really curious what we can expect from the dynamic duo who isn't shy in arguing with each other and being pretty honest. There is definitely a unique chemistry. :3

The camaraderie between Nicola, her best friend and the rest of the café staff is the foundation for good natured mocking and funny scenes. :)

With the first book in this new series Robert Innes wrote again an amazing book with a really thrilling crime case, a unique way of investigating and a truly surprising outcome. 5 out of 5 stars for it.

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hung Jury.

February 13, 2018 – Shelved