Miranda Reads's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
71848701
's review

it was amazing
bookshelves: 2018-popsugar-reading-challenge, audiobook, ya-series

Isabella Swan? I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever. Will you marry me?
I can feel my teenage heart quivering
I'm gonna fight for you, until your heart stops beating.
That heart just exploded

Whewwwww. Ten years ago, I would've fought anyone who challenged Edward and Bella's love. Nowadays? Not quite as fervently, but I will still go head-to-head on this one.

In case you've been under a rock for the last decade, Edward (the sparkling vamp) loves Bella (the clumsy human) who loves Jacob (the hot-headed werewolf) but ONLY AS A FRIEND (ha!). Annnd that's pretty much it.

There's some background stuff - evil vampire assembling an army to wipe out Bella, Bella accidentally breaking her bones, the Volturi threatening to kill Bella if she isn't turned into a vampire, yada yada...but MORE IMPORTANTLY she has to finally choose - once and for all.
description
Let's examine the evidence:
description
Okay, okay. Joking aside...Let's just say, reading this as an adult has shifted my perspective (slightly). I was totally oblivious to things that are glaringly obvious. Chock it up to being a YA while reading YA lit.

Yes, their love is frighteningly codependent - especially taking Edward's age into considerations. Isn't the rule half your age plus seven?

And yes, the love triangle is so incredibly over-the-top - you have on one side a normal teenage boy and on the other...A psychotically obsessed ex-murdering stalker.

Annnnd yes, Bella is a bit of a limp noodle when it comes to heroism and her clumsiness is so extreme that she needs to get her head checked. Honestly, Victoria should've just scattered a bag of marbles in Bella's bedroom and waited for the human to trip and die.

But, hats off to nostalgia because I still had fun reading this one. I'm no longer super obsessed teen but I still adore this series.

P.s. Anyone else seen the Hillywood Eclipse Parody? Freaking love it.
description


The 2018 PopSugar Reading Challenge - A book set in the decade you were born

Audiobook Comments
The reader (Ilyana Kadushin) was alright. Not the best, not the worst.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
130 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.
Sign In »

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristen I love this review.


Sleeping with Ghosts Aww, so 2007/2008 era💕😫 The feels. Jacob vs Edward


Miranda Reads Kristen wrote: "I love this review."

Thank you!


Miranda Reads The Queen of Your Dreams! wrote: "Aww, so 2007/2008 era💕😫 The feels. Jacob vs Edward"

It's like reliving high school as I read these books. Bringing back all the memories!


message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  Reads Your review made me chuckle and then sigh, remembering my obsession with the whole series for a number of years! This is my favorite part of your review "Honestly, Victoria should've just scattered a bag of marbles in Bella's bedroom and waited for the human to trip and die." lol


message 6: by Joey (new)

Joey Is this the book series where the vampires sparkle? Not trying to be mean, I just trust you explaining things.


Miranda Reads Lisa wrote: "Your review made me chuckle and then sigh, remembering my obsession with the whole series for a number of years! This is my favorite part of your review "Honestly, Victoria should've just scattered..."

Aww, thank you :)


Miranda Reads Joey wrote: "Is this the book series where the vampires sparkle? Not trying to be mean, I just trust you explaining things."

It's more of a shimmer.... *hangs head in shame* yes, these are the sparking ones


message 9: by Joey (new)

Joey Miranda wrote: "Joey wrote: "Is this the book series where the vampires sparkle? Not trying to be mean, I just trust you explaining things."

It's more of a shimmer.... *hangs head in shame* yes, these are the sp..."


"Shimmer." Good word choice. I'll have to use that sometime. Have a nice weekend and St. Paddy's Day.🌿


L A i N E Y Oh my godddd that assassination plan would have totally worked!! Just marbles all over the floor, bam, she died. Seriously that was genious of you Miranda, to come up with that, should we be worry about your villainous mind now??!

LOL


message 11: by Ana (new) - rated it 1 star

Ana I loved Twilight and New Moon. However, Eclipse was a huge disappointment.


Miranda Reads Joey wrote: ""Shimmer." Good word choice. I'll have to use that sometime"

Haha, thank you. Happy St. Patrick's Day :)


Miranda Reads l a i n e y wrote: "Oh my godddd that assassination plan would have totally worked!! Just marbles all over the floor, bam, she died. Seriously that was genious of you Miranda, to come up with that, should we be worry ..."

thank you! And what can i say? I'm an evil genius :p


Miranda Reads Ana wrote: "I loved Twilight and New Moon. However, Eclipse was a huge disappointment."

Whaaaa? But the PLOT! The love TRIANGLE! The. ... yeah, i get where you are coming from :p


message 15: by Joey (new)

Joey I wonder of she's a "limp noodle" during other activities. 🎭


Miranda Reads Joey wrote: "I wonder of she's a "limp noodle" during other activities. 🎭"

Idk, i think that is covered in book 4 :p


message 17: by Joey (new)

Joey Miranda wrote: "Joey wrote: "I wonder of she's a "limp noodle" during other activities. 🎭"

Idk, i think that is covered in book 4 :p"


Hahaha. That's funny because I never read any of these books.


message 18: by Julia (new)

Julia Ash Great review!!! I still think the Twilight saga is a fun read, too! Your cracked me up, Miranda, when you wrote "Victoria should have scattered a bag of marbles in Bella's bedroom and waited for the human to trip and die." Too funny!!!


Miranda Reads Joey wrote: "
Hahaha. That's funny because I never read any of these books."


You're missing out on the greatest love triangle in the history of YA :p


Miranda Reads Julia wrote: "Great review!!! I still think the Twilight saga is a fun read, too! Your cracked me up, Miranda, when you wrote "Victoria should have scattered a bag of marbles in Bella's bedroom and waited for th..."

Thank you. I really expected to hate it, all my other adult friends do... but i still enjoy this series. Perhaps it's the nostalgia talking but it really isn't that bad :p


message 21: by Joey (new)

Joey Miranda wrote: "Joey wrote: "
Hahaha. That's funny because I never read any of these books."

You're missing out on the greatest love triangle in the history of YA :p"


Maybe one day I'll succumb. I read Fifty Shades in one sitting and felt like my IQ dropped after.


Miranda Reads Joey wrote: "Maybe one day I'll succumb. ..."

I haven't read 50 shades....but I think I will. I'm rereading the Twilight series and the 50 shades is based on it. I'm morbidly curious :P


message 23: by Julia (new)

Julia Ash Miranda wrote: "Joey wrote: "Maybe one day I'll succumb. ..."

I haven't read 50 shades....but I think I will. I'm rereading the Twilight series and the 50 shades is based on it. I'm morbidly curious :P"


Miranda, if you like transformation books with a love story, then you'll probably like the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Character Christian went from 50 shades of screwed-up to like 5 shades!!! That's what made this book interesting to me: he learned to love himself so he could share that love with someone else on equal terms, versus domination. I enjoyed the read. "Sex" was a backdrop just like "vampirism" was in Twilight. Were either series an intellectual feast, in my opinion? Nope, but the authors didn't seem to mind as they made those royalty deposits!!! Hahaha!


Miranda Reads Julia wrote: "Miranda, if you like transformation books with a love story, then you'll probably like the Fifty Shades of Grey series."

You convinced me to pick it up. Next time I'm at the library, I will get it :D And I agree, sometimes you need a fun book - I'm not reading to increase my intelligence but to experience stories and adventures.


message 25: by Julia (new)

Julia Ash Miranda wrote: "Julia wrote: "Miranda, if you like transformation books with a love story, then you'll probably like the Fifty Shades of Grey series."

You convinced me to pick it up. Next time I'm at the library,..."


Let me know what you think :)


Miranda Reads Julia wrote: "Let me know what you think :) "

I will definitely post a review when I get to it :D


Mugdha I really like your review especially last part


Miranda Reads Mugdha wrote: "I really like your review especially last part"

Thank you :)


back to top