Iris's Reviews > Siege and Storm

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

bookshelves: 4-stars, fantasy, read-in-2018, full-of-tropes, so-much-fun, read-in-2019, reread-2019
Read 2 times. Last read January 12, 2019 to January 13, 2019.

I'm so confused I swear I reviewed this when I first read it, but apparently not. Or else goodreads is being annoying. Who knows. Either is very possible.

I really like this book. Mostly because of Nikolai. But also because it's a genuinely good book, with fantastic world building and writing! And you know... other characters too... I really love some of them! Just... not as much as Nikolai. (Genya is a very close second, but she wasn't really in this one sadly.)

Also Alina I this one oh my gosh. I adore her character arc in Siege and Storm. I HAVE FEELINGS. It's beautiful and badass and also she's sort of terrifying. (And I love her for it).

You can read my full series review on my blog!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Siege and Storm.

Quotes Iris Liked

Leigh Bardugo
“Watch yourself, Nikolai,” Mal said softly. “Princes bleed just like other men.”
Nikolai plucked an invisible piece of dust from his sleeve. “Yes,” he said. “They just do it in better clothes.”

Leigh Bardugo
“Sturmhond had a way of talking that made me want to shoot someone. Preferably him.”

Leigh Bardugo
“Of course not," said Sturmhond. "Anything worth doing always starts as a bad idea.”

Leigh Bardugo
“I took a breath. “Your highness—”
“Nikolai,” he corrected. “But I’ve also been known to answer to ‘sweetheart’ or ‘handsome.”

Leigh Bardugo
“You heard Prince Perfect," Mal said, and joined us at the table. Nikolai grinned. "I've had a lot of nicknames, but that one is easily the most accurate.”

February 12, 2018 – Started Reading
February 12, 2018 – Shelved
February 12, 2018 –
page 250
57.47% "Nikolai is reminding me an awful lot of Jace... Which also means I sort of feel like I shouldn't like him, but I can't help myself..."
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: 4-stars
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: fantasy
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-2018
February 16, 2018 – Finished Reading
November 7, 2018 – Shelved as: full-of-tropes
November 7, 2018 – Shelved as: so-much-fun
January 12, 2019 – Started Reading
page 45
10.34% "Ahhhhh this book! So much better than Shadow and Bone! Because he's here! My fave is here! ❤️"
page 119
27.36% "I love how he just like... has a flying machine. And also acts as if it's no big deal and gives them no advance warning whatsoever."
page 145
33.33% "OH MY GOSH. I FORGOT SHE PUNCHED HIM. Honestly though, he had it coming 😂

(He's such an ass but I love him so much!!!)"
page 171
39.31% "That's rather disturbing, Nikolai.

Also Nikolai and Kaz are definitely a match made in heaven (or actually hell lol)."
page 222
51.03% "I'm somehow simultaneously loving this book so much more than I ever did on my first read, and yet also somehow liking it less.

It's just... I guess I've read so many more books since last time I read this, it just doesn't hold up the same way as it did the first time, but I also have so much LOVE for this series and these characters that was never there the first time."
page 251
57.7% "I. Love. Nikolai. SO MUCH. I can't wait for King of Scars!!!"
January 13, 2019 –
page 338
77.7% ""You're going to be insufferable now, aren't you?"
Nikolai laughed. "I'm already insufferable."

Oh how I love this man."
January 13, 2019 –
page 399
91.72% "Vasily you prideful idiot."
January 13, 2019 – Finished Reading