tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Black & Blue Book

Black & Blue Book by Paper Rad

did not like it
bookshelves: artists-books

This reminds me of an early collaboration of Chas Brohawn's - kids fervently living out a fantasy world. Except that I liked what Chas did. Maybe I'm just too jaded now, maybe my own childhood is just too far in the past.. but I don't really think that's it. I just find this trite. However, a recent aquaintance was talking w/ me about my aversion to Paper Rad's work in general & was saying something to the effect that their work is aimed at a particular generation that grew up w/ sugar-charged cartoons & video games & the like. I might be more inclined to agree w/ that except that when I was a kid the average boob-tune watcher absorbed similar crap w/ similar avidity. But some of us read books & went for walks in the woods. Surely 1 generation younger than myself included similar people who weren't always riveted to the electronic babysitter. I know from personal experience that many people born in the 1980s became political activists in their mid teens. That seems much more positive to me. But Paper Rad's work is 'safe': it's great material for art world 'success': colorful, flashy, devoid of political content, eye candy. Oh well, my apologies to Paper Rad people who might read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black & Blue Book.