Anoolka's Reviews > Hush Money

Hush Money by Susan Bischoff

Oct 31, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal, series, sci-fi, young-adult, male-protagonist, female-protagonist
Read from November 01 to 02, 2011

Over all I liked it. Fast, well written, with interesting setting and ok distinctive characters.
I expected something more game changing, though. While the protagonist's life and outlook do change in the end the society at large doesn't. I kind of expected the Talents to take on a bigger threat in the end, so it felt a little unfulfilling/unfinished. Especially with (view spoiler) Perhaps the next book will unleash them on the wider world.
The romance was mostly ok, though not the best part of the book. Dylan was a little annoying at times - idiotic and jumping to conclusions.
I realize that the threat of the Big Bad government doesn't really come across that much in this book, so Joss' paranoia might seem a little much, but I read the prequel before this book and I got the weight of what it ment to be taken away from that, I guess. Here, it's only really allusions and telling rather than showing, while the prequel takes place in the Talent 'school'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush Money.