Eleanor's Reviews > Dr. Strange Beard

Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Reid

bookshelves: 2018, romance

5 Bearded Stars
Finally Roscoe's book. I've been excited to read this installment in the Winston Brothers Series. So much happens in this book... Like a huge amount! Can;'t say too much because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Simone was a great match for Roscoe, A kick ass FBI agent. I love a good strong leading lady.

Why did Roscoe have to be a vet? Why couldn't he be a.. a.. a mortician? He wouldn't look quite so stunningly and alluringly gorgeous covered in dead bodies, now would he?

I love that Reid starts every chapter with the perfect quote reflecting just what the characters are thinking and going through within the chapter.

One thing that really jumped out at me, was when Roscoe had his talk with Billy. I had a lump in my throat through most of it. You get a reminder of all the Billy has scarified and it also is a great lead up to his book which will be next and as far as I can see the last in this series. What a sad day that will be.

"Your sacrifices, and I'm sure there are a ton I don't know about, made this family possible. But brother, it's time for the sacrifices to end."

Penny Reid knows how to being real life issues in small ways that don't distract from the story but help you think on them and get them out there. Dr. Strange Beard was just as great as all the others in this series and I'd highly recommend giving it a read however I don't think this could be read as a standalone and I think the previous books should be read before hand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dr. Strange Beard.

February 12, 2018 – Shelved