Amy's Reviews > The Pull of Gravity

Oct 30, 2011

bookshelves: excellent-contemporary, fantastic-debuts
Read from December 07 to 12, 2011

For a more more reviews, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

Wow, this book really pulls at your heartstrings and emotions. This is for sure one of the most beautiful books I have ever read in my life.I can't even fully describe how this book makes me feel. It's such an emotional roller coaster. The story itself was wonderful. I loved reading this journey that the characters go on. You root for them and want so badly for them to succeed. That ending definitely threw me for a loop.

Nick is a great leading character. He has his moments, but he is so real and flawed and just a fully realized and developed character. You feel his pain, feel his anger, everything. Then there's Jaycee. I loved her character. She's sarcastic, witty, funny, but also vulnerable and sweet. I connected with her immediately. Plus we share an odd sense of style :).She comes off as the cool, collected and sort of mysterious girl with all the answers. But like I said, she's also vulnerable and sweet, genuinely caring about Scooter and Nick. Scooter was also great. I loved him and was so so sad about him. Plus his role at the ending was a pretty cool twist. The other characters, such as Nick's brother, didn't have much development, save for Nick's Dad.

Wow, just wow. For a debut novel, it feels like Ms. Polisner has been around forever. She weaves the characters together beautifully, tackles the tougher subjects with tenderness and grace, and is just a really good writer. She describes things with such beauty. I can't wait so see what she comes up with next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pull of Gravity.