Aleixie's Reviews > Jealousy

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow

6120584

liked it
Recommended to Aleixie by: Shayden

Firs things first. The cover?

My reaction: Who is this?
Friends Answer: Thats Christophe.
Me reaction: NO WAY! I-I THOUGHT HE WAS BLONDE!!!! And had longer hair, and didn't have that sort of face.
Friends Answer: But thats exacly how I imagined him.

Conclusion?

Me = DISSAPOINTED

I hate it when the people in the story are posted on covers if I already have a mental image of them. Also, I tend to skip the discriptions of characters all together. I imagine them how I want to and nothing can change that. (I know, horrible glitch but it works for me) :/

Dru for once looks decent and cleaned up on a cover but this book is different. It's anything but what the happens in the book.

Now that my disaproval at the cover is somewhat satisfied, I shall continue with the review.

Charmingly put, Dru has got to stop crying. Every little thing, and she's "leaking." And then she's all emberrased about it. I have yet to read a chapter when she doesn't cry, even from happiness. What has happened to the tough-girl, ass-kicking heroin I love reading about? Dru doesn't even do any ass-kicking. She sits in her Shcola (special school for the likes of her) and whines about how she doesn't do anything and wants to escape. Well then, get your ass up and leave!!! Fuck, Graves, (view spoiler) he can go to hell and not have her rely on him. ***Preferably, she should have killed him in the firs book because he is grading on every nerve I have.***

The love triangle started progressing, which I liked. The cheesy, akward moment, I didn't. If writing in a little romance, conversation is an important factor of any relationship. Ohe "meaningful look" does not count and it can't possibly "have more meaning" than an actual conversation would. If you can't talk to that person about the relationship, what the hell are you doing with him(s)? Making out does not help either. You can't posibly have "sparks" and "electricity" if you haven't had previous feelings toward that person. I would understand that kind of behaviour if it's a cheesy romance novel where they were destined to be together, but just denied their feelings. Thats how that novel is to go. But this one? Not very appealing.

The repeating of what I already know is constant through out. Unnecessary words and phrases about her dad, his death, his tactics, Gran, her death, her tactics was annoying and I swore if I see another one, I wouls sceam.

Book + whiny heroin + horrible love triangle = me not happy.

The plot is amazingly good. I do like what happens just not the way it happens. The action is there even if it is very predictable. (view spoiler) If the characters were to change a little bit, this would be a five star rating. I, for one, love me some good action.

To leave off, I am reading the next book (if I can get my hands on one. Shayden?) and I am hopping fo more fights, less drama, and something good happening. For once, I don't know how this shall continue oneself but hoping for the best.

;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jealousy.

October 30, 2011 – Shelved
January 21, 2012 – Started Reading
page 4
1.27% "First page of chapter one, and already I'm annoyed. I get it, alright? When you write a series, don't need to go into such details for such minor things. And I bet it will be like that throughout the book."
page 12
3.8% "Enough about that! You have been wining in the last book, about time you quit!!!"
page 21
6.65% "Testosterone-poisoned. Yea, WTF?"
January 21, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Shayden Hey when do you want the next book?

Aleixie Monday? Or Tuesday, with our Science exam?

Shayden Got it so now what are you reading

Aleixie The Barcode Tattoo