Eryn's Reviews > Attachments

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

liked it
bookshelves: owned, 3-stars, very-good-but-not-great, fiction, cute-and-or-easy-reads, romance, reviewed

Actual rating: 3.5/5

Having already read Eleanor and Park and Fangirl, I expected to enjoy this - and I did (obviously). However, it wasn’t as good as the other two, which is fine I guess. Either way, it was still a good “Valentine’s Day” read and I’m glad Rainbow Rowell didn’t disappoint, once again.

The beginning was sort of difficult to get into. For me, I tend to have trouble getting into male perspectives - I prefer reading through a females eyes because I can usually connect, for obvious reasons. But, surprisingly, this one wasn’t too bad (once I'd read a few more chapters). I could connect to Lincoln and his painful introverted-ness. I used to be like him in high school, so reading this brought me back to those years where I preferred to stay home and read alone. Now, I still read, but I don’t mind going out to a cafe or a library to read around people. After all, people watching is so much fun.

When I realized that half of the novel was going to be in e-mail format, I got worried. Again, I never had good experiences with reading through a texting or email format, and I wasn’t expecting a good outcome from this one either. Thankfully, Rowell proved me wrong! I felt like I knew Beth and Jennifer, even though I was only learning about them through cyberspace. So this was great, because it made me believe that Lincoln actually fell in love with Beth, ‘cause she grew on me, too. Jennifer and Beth were just hilarious and oh-so real.

Overall, I like how once Beth found out Lincoln had been reading her e-mails (and had undoubtedly told Jennifer), and Jennifer had been super against it and had wanted to turn him in. That made this novel more realistic than it already was, because that would’ve been me - so I like how Rowell made her characters believable and didn’t make them all agree with one another. Even Jennifer with her whole fear of pregnancy is totally me.

Oh, oh, and I’m glad Lincoln never met up with Sam after they ran into one another. It showed how much he’d grown; that he’d finally gotten over her. ’Cause lets be honest, she wasn’t too nice of a person.

So yeah, it was a fun read. Good job, Rowell. I might just have to read all your other books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Attachments.

February 11, 2018 – Shelved
February 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 12, 2018 – Shelved as: owned
February 14, 2018 – Started Reading
February 14, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Reading this as my Valentine's Day read <3"
February 14, 2018 –
page 97
February 15, 2018 –
page 153
47.37% "I wasn't enjoying this at first, but now it's growing on me!"
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: 3-stars
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: very-good-but-not-great
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: fiction
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: cute-and-or-easy-reads
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
February 16, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewed
February 16, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Cyndi Great review! 😁

Eryn @Cyndi THANK YOU😊

Brittany's Pages Great Review! I find her older works not *quite* as good as her newer one.

Eryn Brittany's wrote: "Great Review! I find her older works not *quite* as good as her newer one."

Thank you! I agree with you, too. :)

message 5: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Nice review, Eryn! I really enjoyed Fangirl & E&P, but was let down with Landline so I've been a bit hesitant to pick up any of her other books, but may have to reconsider. Glad to see you liked this one.

Eryn Brooke wrote: "Nice review, Eryn! I really enjoyed Fangirl & E&P, but was let down with Landline so I've been a bit hesitant to pick up any of her other books, but may have to reconsider. Glad to see you liked th..."

You definitely should reconsider! This was was such a cute and fun ride. I bet I would've rated it higher if I'd actually been in the mood to read something romantic, so take that into consideration, too. :)