Cathy Geha's Reviews > Playing House

Playing House by Amy Andrews

21182032

Playing House by Amy Gamet
Sydney Smoke Rugby #5

Amy Gamet is becoming one of my go-to authors. Every book I have read by her has been wonderful making me only want to read more of whatever she decides to write. This book delivered again…in all the ways that I was hoping it would ;)

Quirky, immersed in the 19th century and the odd duck in her family and community Eleanor Davis is ready to leave her virginity behind. When Bodie Webb, rugby player and friend of her brother, introduces himself to her she thinks, “This is the one to do the deed”. Keeping her identity obscured the two have a night to remember – one and done, she thinks – and off he goes, after calling and asking if there might be more. A few months later when she gets in touch the sizzle is still there. She has something to share and that something is big. Bodie, a true gentleman, steps up, asks her to spend time with him and all seems to be going well until…it’s not. How it all works out right created a book I could not put down.

I could so relate to Eleanor and the dilemma she thought she was in. I may not have been as shy as she was or from the back of beyond BUT I still could relate. I loved her quirks and her interests and her ability to state what her needs were then go for what she wanted.

I found Bodie to be a wonderful book boyfriend that was so much more than a pretty face with a good body he knew how to use well on the pitch and off. His true interest in Eleanor, ability to stand up for her and loving ways were swoon worthy. The way Ryder, Eleanor’s brother and Bodie’s best friend, came to Bodie’s rescue and how Bodie used the information he was given tied this book up in a big shiny bow creating the perfect book for me to read yesterday.

Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing-Brazen Imprint – This is my honest review.

5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing House.

February 10, 2018 – Started Reading