SH's Reviews > The Devilish Duke

The Devilish Duke by Maddison Michaels

U 50x66

Having just watched the series ‘Victoria’, I was delighted to see the Queen’s appearance in “The Devilish Duke”. The Queen has insisted that Devlin Markham, who is known as the “Devil Duke” of Huntington, must marry if she is to agree to his plans for the Transatlantic telegraph cable, an event that actually took place during the reign of Queen Victoria. When this demand is made, he instantly thinks of Lady Sophie Wolcott. Sophie accepts his proposal in order to save an orphanage that she has long been a patron of.

This story never had a dull moment as not only was there an amazing romance, but a mystery that I didn’t piece together until it was revealed. The pace was rapid and the dialogue between Sophie and Devlin, was entertaining. Sophie continued to surprise me in her ability to not only stand up for herself but also for Devlin. Their rapport is instantaneous as is their regard for each other. Whilst Devlin is devilish, he is also such a strong yet honourable character. The secondary characters of aunt Mabel and Daniel, Sophie’s brother also added complexity to the storyline.
This is an amazing debut novel and I am looking forward to reading more from Maddison Michaels. Maybe Daniel will feature in the next story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devilish Duke.

Finished Reading
February 10, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Maddison Michaels I'm so glad you loved it! And YES the next book is Daniel's story and it's a cross between Pride and Prejudice and Romancing the Stone :)