Darque Dreamer 's Reviews > A Beautiful Curse: A Retelling of The Frog Bride

A Beautiful Curse by Kenley Davidson

bookshelves: top-reads

A Beautiful Curse will speak to your soul. It is is full of beauty and emotion! Faerie tale lovers rejoice, for this one sparkles with love, laughter, and life lessons!

I've probably said this with each book in this series, but each one has gotten better and better, and I now have a new favorite! I loved this one so much! I smiled, I laughed, and I teared up at the end.

This one was so incredibly beautiful! I loved how it fit seamlessly with the rest of the books in the series, but I also loved how it stood out for me. This one really spoke to me on so many levels.

On the surface, it was a humorous retelling of an old German folk tale, that is similar to a couple other tales. It was fun and sweet and entertaining. Digging deeper, this one spoke of self love. It offered life lessons on being careful what you wish for, not judging a book by its cover, the importance of true friendship, and the mantra "looks aren't everything." It was a stunningly deep story that also introduced me to my two new favorite characters.

Elisette, or Ellie, was such a strong, independent young woman. She was witty and intelligent, and very adventurous! She was kind, and daring, and wasn't afraid to go after her dreams.

Cambren was my favorite prince out of the three from the story. He was exceptionally compassionate and loyal. I loved that he was willing to sacrifice for the sake of friendship and that he wasn't a typical, perfect prince.

I also really loved the King in this one! He was extremely wise and very thought provoking. I enjoyed his reasoning behind the tests he put his sons through, and I found him to be very understanding and caring, both to his sons, and his kingdom!

A Beautiful Cruse was vividly colorful and had such dimension and depth! I could not put it down! It was charming and snarky, and insanely enjoyable! It felt both familiar and original at the same time!

cropped-untitled51.png

Thank you to the author for providing me with this free e-copy in exchange for my honest review and as part of my Faerie Tale Friday post.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Curse.

February 9, 2018 – Shelved