Jayhjay's Reviews > Peek-a-Boo

Peek-a-Boo by Andrea Speed

Oct 30, 2011

Read on January 09, 2012

This review was originally published on my blog Joyfully Jay.

Peek-A-Boo is the second installment in Andrea Speed's Josh of the Damned series. It continues the story of Josh as he navigates work at the Quick-Mart, handling all sorts of creatures making their way out of the hell portal in the parking lot.

In Peek-A-Boo, Josh attracts a friendly yeti who won't stop giving him crazy things instead of payment. Just as he finally manages to convince the yeti he doesn't want his gifts, Josh is confronted with an even bigger problem in the form of two humans out looking for trouble. Luckily sometimes having monsters hanging around can be a good thing.

Like the first book, Pretty Monsters, Peek-A-Boo is a very short story that focuses on Josh and his crazy experiences at work. I love Josh's voice and hearing the weary yet totally accepting way he handles all manner of oddities that roll through the door of the Quick-Mart. This story has great humor and a sense of fun. Even in the small number of pages we are still able to catch up with Josh and life around the hell portal, as well as get a fun a little story (plus more of hot vampire boyfriend Colin). If you enjoyed Pretty Monsters, you will find a lot to like in this second installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peek-a-Boo.

message 1: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy T i think i wanna read this set of books...but this cover gives me the creeps!

Jayhjay Wow, you are right! I didn't look at it closely. I assume this is one of the creatures from the hell portal. The first book is very light in tone so I assume this one will be too despite the cover

Jayhjay Yea I like it a lot. They are fun and cute and I love Josh

message 4: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D 12 pages? The first book made me crazy. So much potential but then it grinds to a halt after 15 pages. And this one is only 12? I'm not feeling it.

Jayhjay L-D wrote: "12 pages? The first book made me crazy. So much potential but then it grinds to a halt after 15 pages. And this one is only 12? I'm not feeling it."

Yeah, I am enjoying the story but definitely reaching the point where I need more than just a tiny snippet to keep me going.