Yusra ✨'s Reviews > Falling Kingdoms

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

bookshelves: 2018-reads, amazing, fantasy, fav-characters, favorites, omg-gonna-read-a-million-times

*unmarked spoilers ahead, read at your own risk. in fact don’t read it at all because it’s actually funny how much of a mess it is. also swearing. which I don’t tend to do in reviews. xx your favourite reviewer* ( I’m being sarcastic I suck ass)

buddy read with Jessica, fellow Theon lover and her review is better so check it out. 🍦
(Also she gave it 5 stars. This book is pretty amazing.)

Oh god. I did not expect this to become a 5 star read for me, but it really did. I got so emotionally invested in every single character? Is this you, Yusra?

Firstly, I need to put it out there that for me this was like And I Darken/Now I Rise+fantasy+magic= amazing. I was getting so many feels for the Conqueror's Saga, my utmost favourite series. I LOVED IT 😻😻

The world building, the magic, the characters, I loved it all and hated all the snakes that were slithering around everywhere (cough cough Sabina) & I am just so happy I read this book !

Cleo : so first, I thought I wasn’t going to like her because she just stood by, doing nothing, making naive decisions. But she PULLED HERSELF TOGETHER & I really loved her near the end. I can’t wait to see what the next books hold for her & her stubborn witty personality. I loved her :)

Magnus : OKAY so I thought I wasn’t going to like him AT ALL. He had the aura of a sneaky fuckboy and I WAS NOT DOWN FOR HIM. but whenever he was sad I felt my heart sink for him & I felt so bad for him? When it came to Lucia? Like please let me love you? Oh shit, I think I just admitted that I like him. but he’s still an arrogant and rude and evil ass. What a mess.

Theon : oh. my. god. I’m tearing up. I started to love him 5% through the book and him and Cleo were beautiful? Like give me more? Oh no, but Morgan Rhodes just had to kill him off. It’s fine. I’m fine. How am I supposed to get through with this? How? How will I ever forgive Magnus?

Sabina was an evil bitch & I was glad to see her burn. King Gaius can go fuck himself against a wall. King Corvin was the fucking best & I’m still not over his death. He just took so much care of his daughters and loved them unlike Gaius who fucking uses his children. MAGNUS BACK AWAY. Also what the fuck was the Chief he made me so mad & annoyed like get out and take your topless dancing girls with you sir.
Lucia was also prettyyy annoying because she wasn’t giving Magnus the love he desired and I care a lot about Magnus. Jonas was okay I guess, warmed up to him a bit but good luck marrying the dancing snake lady. Also fuck you Nic. Also I miss you Emilia. & Simon, even though I didn’t know him. This comes to show how much effect the characters had on me. Even Tomas, who I didn’t even know for a page. I’m so sorry. FUCK U ARON

Okay my feelings are all messed up seriously but read THIS BOOK and I need the next and all the books and the series in general because holy shit this is fantasy. This. Is. Fantasy.

I’m so embarrassed to have written this review I promise I’m not like this all the time I know I’m missing punctuation but oh fucking well.

————-
holy. I loved this book so freaking much. It destroyed me. I need book 2. Please.

RTC

————
buddy read with Jessica 🍦

super excited to get into this and love it to pieces & I already know enough to guess I’m going to LOVE Magnus and Cleo !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Kingdoms.

February 9, 2018 – Shelved
February 9, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
March 9, 2018 – Started Reading
March 9, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "sooooooo exciteeeeeeddddd"
March 10, 2018 –
page 22
5.34% "ok wth I love Theon???"
March 14, 2018 –
March 15, 2018 – Shelved as: fav-characters
March 15, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
March 15, 2018 – Shelved as: omg-gonna-read-a-million-times
March 15, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

Jessica Yay, let's do this :)

message 2: by Cyn (new)

Cyn  (chinchilla hunter, shameless reader of trash) enjoy ladies!

Uzma Aw yes, MAGNEO forever ❤️❤️❤️

Mara YA Reader Reviewer Yaaaas!!! Magnus!!!!

Yusra  ✨ Uzma wrote: "Aw yes, MAGNEO forever ❤️❤️❤️"

I’VE HEARD SO MUCH
& the only reason I’ve wanted to read this series is because of the last books cover it’s so cute and ahhh

Yusra  ✨ Mara YA Fantasy Fanatic wrote: "Yaaaas!!! Magnus!!!!"

hope I can mark this in my book boyfriends shelf ! 😁

Yusra  ✨ Cyn wrote: "enjoy ladies!"

thank u !

Yusra  ✨ Jessica wrote: "Yay, let's do this :)"

😁😁

Nikki Poulos You are in for a wild ride, my friend. Good luck😂😊

message 10: by Cyn (new)

Cyn  (chinchilla hunter, shameless reader of trash) can't wait to read these, everyone seems to love them 😀

message 11: by Uzma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uzma Omg so glad you liked it!!! Wait for even more drama and adventure to continue in book 2 lol :D

message 12: by Sana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sana Hell yes!!! So glad you loved it!!

Yusra  ✨ Nikki wrote: "You are in for a wild ride, my friend. Good luck😂😊"

ahhhh I’m scared if anything else happens to my characters I’m going to cry

Yusra  ✨ Cyn wrote: "can't wait to read these, everyone seems to love them 😀"

SO GOOD OMG

Yusra  ✨ Uzma wrote: "Omg so glad you liked it!!! Wait for even more drama and adventure to continue in book 2 lol :D"

I can’t wait I need the next book right now in my hands. also I see what you mean by crying at their deaths. It was hard ;(

Yusra  ✨ sana wrote: "Hell yes!!! So glad you loved it!!"

I really did and now I know what all the hype was about? so thankful?

Jessica Hahaha XD I love your review :) Super excited for book 2 but I don’t want any more people to die :( Ha! Fat chance, right? 🙈

Yusra  ✨ Jessica wrote: "Hahaha XD I love your review :) Super excited for book 2 but I don’t want any more people to die :( Ha! Fat chance, right? 🙈"

I couldn’t bring myself to write a good review so I just ranted it all out 😂😂 I can’t take the deaths of anyone except Nic hahah

message 19: by Uzma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uzma OMG THIS REVIEW GIVES ME LIFE 😂♥️

Yusra  ✨ Uzma wrote: "OMG THIS REVIEW GIVES ME LIFE 😂♥️"

😂😂 thank you??

message 21: by Uzma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Uzma Haha, you're welcome :)
Sorry, but this series makes me excessively hyper...and weird 😂

Yusra  ✨ Uzma wrote: "Haha, you're welcome :)
Sorry, but this series makes me excessively hyper...and weird 😂"

I knowwww I can’t control or put together my feelings

message 23: by Yameen (new) - added it

Yameen this is weird

Yusra  ✨ Yameen wrote: "this is weird"

what can I say

Yusra  ✨ Ashlyn⚡☍ wrote: "What age would you recommend it for?"

I’d say 13-14 and up? depends on the maturity level - there’s a lot of killing and hints of romance. other mature themes as well (tbh I don’t remember if there was any swearing in this one)

message 26: by kath ♡ (new)

kath ♡ um hunny try again you’re not my favorite reviewer

IM MY FAVORITE REVIEWER
jk i can’t make reviews for shit luv u tho

Carina Great review