Jessica Bronder's Reviews > What Lurks Below

What Lurks Below by Donald Firesmith

Jack Oswald is a geology professor and is asked to check out several large holes that have mysteriously appeared in Alaska that are threatening ExxonMobil’s operations. Jack gathers his wife, Angela Menendez, a climatologist and a couple graduates to investigate.

Then you have Aileen O’ Shannon has heard about the mysterious holes and Jack’s investigation. She talks her way into joining the group but she has more to add to this little adventure.

Of course there is death, very bloody and gory death, and a bit of paranormal. It seems these holes are a direct gateway to hell and all kinds of demons are coming out to rule Earth.

This story is a bit slow to start with the world building and all the science that goes into the investigation. You can really tell that the author has done a lot of research. I was worried that I was going to get lost with all the science, but this just drew me deeper into the story. Things quickly go to hell, quite literally.

This is a short read and ends on one heck of a cliff hanger. I didn’t want to leave this story but luckily I have the second book and can jump into it right away.

I received What Lurks Beneath from Silver Dagger Book Tours for free. This has in no way influenced my opinion of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Lurks Below.

Finished Reading