C.G. Drews's Reviews > Opal

Opal by Maggie Stiefvater

bookshelves: read-2018, novella, read-2019
Read 2 times. Last read October 21, 2019 to October 22, 2019.

[Read 2] oct 2019
Thoroughly just reread this to still the homesick ache in my heart while waiting for Call Down the Hawk. And the audiobook version is absolute perfection (I adore Will Patton's interpretation of her work!!) Also the boys make me both happy and sad, like Ronan's dream rain. 😫💛They are precious. Pls don't spend the whole CDTH hurting.

[Read 1] April 2018
Ohhh my heart is very very full right now. Like it's not freaking secret that I ADORE this series and this was perfect. I don't even generally like novellas (or paying half my liver and soul for like 35 pages awffk) but THIS IS MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR. MY FAVOURITE SERIES. MY FAVOURITE RAVEN BOY. (Ronan.) MY FAAAAVOURITE while I wait wretchedly for the Ronan trilogy. And it. was. perfect.

(Except obviously too short. But you knew that was coming right?!)

It's just a tiny snapshot into (a) Opal's mind, and (b) Ronan making a new Cabeswater. I love the whimsical writing and Opal's perspective and how she views everything as a potential meal. (#Relatable.) And I confess after listening to the audio so mannnnny times, I was literally reading this with the Patton-narrator-dude's voice. LOL I'M GREAT AND OBSESSED WITH THESE BOOKS YES.

Little Things To Say:
• PARISH
• FAJDSKAFLDF JAKSDLA
• Ronan tells Opal not to swear even though he cannot get through a sentence without swearing
• Opal literally just eats everything because she is part goat
• she adores Adam so much it's just too adorable
• she likes to stalk and watch people
• the prospect of murdering someone and burying them is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
• Ronan is a perfectionist and Adam needs to slap him a bit
• did i mention rONan and adAM
• Opal has separation anxiety from her smol dads
• she would like to eat Chainsaw but she doesn't !! look at her go !!
• i want more
• mooooore
• this was a little bit of perfect

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opal.

February 8, 2018 – Shelved
February 8, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 23, 2018 – Started Reading
April 23, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Stiefvater: [writes one word]
Me: [sobbing] it's beautiful it's all i ever wanted i am dead this story is everything i have waited 109 years and now here the world shines again"
April 23, 2018 –
page 14
36.84% "omg Ronan "I Will Say Fuck At Everything If I Want" Lynch has told Opal not to swear because he is raising his child right omg"
April 24, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
April 24, 2018 – Shelved as: novella
April 24, 2018 – Finished Reading
October 21, 2019 – Started Reading
October 21, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "only 13 more days till call down the hawk 😫🙌🏻"
October 22, 2019 – Shelved as: read-2019
October 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Rain I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS BOOK EXISTED ASDGKALAHHSJ I WANT TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS BOOK

C.G. Drews READ IT AND WEEP RAIN THE CUTE LITTLE THING (it's only 35 pages though ahah just so you know)

Lillian (Inky Insanity) I know, this is so good! The part where Opal hides the dishes in her body-burying hole and then tells Adam (but not Ronan) where she hid them is GREAT.

C.G. Drews YESSSS. She's adorable and feral and I love her.

Jaimi Rachelle Ahhh I can't wait to read this! The Ronan trilogy is going to be EPIC

message 6: by Jenny, (new)

Jenny, The Distracted Bee It’s included in the end of The Raven King in softcover, which was lovely. I think I got whiplash when I read your mention of a Ronan trilogy. Wha-ha?! I love this world/ writer and will read the heck out of those!!

Olivia-Savannah  Roach Ahahaha I loved this review! I don't usually really like novellas but this one restored my soul while simultaneously destroying it as well. I needed more DD: I love Parrish - he is my favourite. But I actually really liked being inside her mind and seeing all her cute little quirks. And Ronan being all Ronan-y too <3 TRILOGY PLS.