Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > Poke Check

Poke Check by R.J. Scott

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fourth book in the series and my absolute favourite so far. It is super sporty, fabulously funny, and yet cute, and crazily, passionately chemistry laden. I think probably the humour is the real standout for me, although the alpha male Stan talking to his pipes is wonderful too!

Whilst the current events seem precipitous, we understand that there is enough history between Erik and Stan to make everything just fit the timeframe we have. From the impact of Stan's family, to the fears Erik has about Noah's mother, we get a sense of how much capacity these guys have for love and commitment. From the rest of the players, and the events on the ice, we see the need for concentration and commitment to their careers and team. Add in the humour, often based on Stan's misguided use of the American language, and the sexual tension, often given a chance for free expression, and this book delivers.

Thank you Ms Scott and Ms Locey - this is definitely one which I will be rereading, especially when I need a broad smile.

Wicked Reads Review Team

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poke Check.

Started Reading