S.T. Young's Reviews > The Man I Want to Be

The Man I Want to Be by Christina Elle

A funny, sexy, old flames reunite romance.

Recently I got the opportunity to read Christina Elle’s ARC of “The Man I Want To Be”, and I’m glad I did. It was a steamy, fun read with unexpected twists and turns along the way.

Plot: Old lovers reunite at a best friend’s wedding, join forces in a quest of sorts and end up falling in love all over again, of course. (Duh. This is romance…gotta love it!) A theme that keeps returning, and keeps on giving. Elle gave the familiar plot a lovely new twist with plenty of humor—sometimes leaning toward actual comedy—sexy undertones, some smart plays at action and mystery to keep the reader entertained throughout.

Characters: Our heroine, Kenna was likeable with enough baggage to make her believable, and Bryan(Bear) a scrumptious hero with some well-hidden insecurities that made me feel for him from the get-go. Well done! There were some references to previous characters from other books by this talented author, darn it. Now I’m going to have to read those, too (poor TBR list), because not knowing just won’t do.

End conclusion: My only real criticism on this story would be that it was a little bit too short.
All in all “The Man I Want To Be” is a great quick read that I’d definitely recommend to any avid romance reader out there looking for their next good fix.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man I Want to Be.

January 7, 2018 – Started Reading