Michelle Llewellyn's Reviews > The Broken American Male: And How to Fix Him

The Broken American Male by Shmuley Boteach

Oct 29, 2011

did not like it

Echoing a previous critiquer this book really is awful. I got about as far as p. 70 before invoking the "Reader's Bill of Rights" which states I have the right to not finish a book I'm not enjoying.
This book is so badly written, the author making such broad assumptions and repeating the same ideas over and over-pity the broken male who has to actually work for his success in career, marriage and the responsibilities of fatherhood instead of having sex, money and power handed to him on a silver platter by a woman in a bunny outfit.
Go do some actual research Shmuley Boteach, who calls himself a Rabbi, and don't be afraid to look evil in the face and acknowledge its presence in our lives and the devestation it is reeking on the good women of the world forsaken by the men they trusted. A nagging wife is just a tiny part of the greater problem lurking beneath the psyche of the broken american male. Addiction is a powerful tool in the hands of the adversary.
Therefore get wisdom and with all thy getting, get understanding (Provervs 4:7).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Broken American Male.