Cora Tea Party Princess's Reviews > Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

5 Words: Family, friendship, secrets, betrayal, high-school.

Why did I wait so long to join the Simon party? Goodness knows, because it was perfect.

Before starting I did have reservations. There was part of me that thought it was just going to be another gay story. Whoopee (<-- sarcasm). And I am so bloody glad that it wasn't.

I think one of my favourite things about this book was the exploration of friends and family. Becky Albertalli so perfectly depicts everyone, and relationships feel so real, that I felt by the end that I actually knew the characters.

This book is funny and relevant and achingly realistic. It is so happy making and bubbly, and it made me feel proud to be Not Straight.

Even though I can't personally relate to what Simon goes through, I felt it all while reading. I was angry with him, sad with him, in love with him. I went through it all with him and I loved it. It was An Experience I'm so glad I took a chance on.

This book was amazing and fantastic and I would recommend it to absolutely everyone.

I also reviewed the film over on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.

February 7, 2018 – Started Reading
February 7, 2018 – Shelved
page 91
30.03% "Yes, I am very late to this party."
page 126
page 172
56.77% "AHHH."
page 207
February 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Cora Tea Party Princess Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ wrote: "Simon!!! 😊💕"

It was so lush!