Sarah's Reviews > The Viking's Touch

The Viking's Touch by Joanna Fulford

Oct 29, 2011

bookshelves: amazon-vine, for-review-read, read-in-2011
Read from November 25 to 26, 2011

After the death of her first husband Lady Anwyn should be free to live her life as she chooses but in a time where women had no power over their own future she is at risk from the men who want to take her land from her. Wulfgar is a warrior who travels the world with his mercenary crew taking risks with his life as long as there is a profit involved. He meets Anwyn when his ship stops on her land to make repairs and she asks him to help protect her land from her enemies. They agree to a marriage of convenience but can Anwyn win Wolfgar’s heart?

I have a bit of a soft spot for light hearted romance stories when I’m looking for a quick and easy read. I’ve been reading a lot of paranormal stories recently so it made a nice change for me to pick up something historical, especially something set so far back in time. I have to admit I’ve not read much set in this time period but I enjoyed the story and it felt authentic to it’s time.

Anwyn is a strong character, she went through hell at the hands of her first husband and is determined not to let her life be controlled by anyone again. She is protective of her son and of her people and will do whatever it takes to keep them safe. Wulfgar doesn’t want to risk his heart, he keeps his emotions hidden but finds he is unable to resist Anwyn.

I found myself really enjoying The Viking’s Touch, the romance is sweet, the story is fairly predictable but still makes for a fun read and the action scenes were well written. It’s a story I would happily recommend to fans of this genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Viking's Touch.