Josh McConnell's Reviews > Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

1983856
Oct 28, 2011

bookshelves: biography, business, technology, thinking-cap

Absolutely a fantastic read. I never finished a 600+ page book so fast before. I soaked it all in.

This is a must-read for anyone. It doesn't matter what you think of Apple or Steve Jobs. This is an inspiring journey that makes you want to leave "your dent on the universe." Why settle for going with the flow? Why just be another person in a sea of faces? Why not challenge the status quo and change the world? I know I have always wanted to and want to even more now.

Not many people truly understood Steve Jobs, Apple and the decisions that were made for the products. People also don't realize how much Jobs contributed to our world and society that we know it as today. But you can (and more) if you give this book a chance. You also get a very inside look at Apple and the kind of decisions that are made every day. To be honest, the first 100 pages or so in the book take a bit of work to get through since they are about his early years, but once you hit the chapter on the first Mac the book just flies.

Words cannot express how much I enjoyed this book, so I will keep this short. Please pick up this book and give it a read.

Rest In Peace, Steve Jobs. You deserve to go down in the history books alongside names such as Edison and Ford. We'll miss you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steve Jobs.

October 28, 2011 – Started Reading