Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > #Starstruck

#Starstruck by Sariah Wilson

bookshelves: reviewed

We've all had that moment, right?
That instant or moment where we've done something so profoundly stupid that we have to cringe at ourselves.
Well, Zoe Miller definitely knows how that feels too.

The story starts when Zoe replies honestly to celebrity movie star Chase Covington's tweet about his latest movie and Chase is intrigued enough to track her down.
I started reading this book thinking that it was going to be like a number of normal girl meets celebrity hunk books that I've read before and got so much more than I expected.
Zoe and Chase are wonderfully realistic, with layers and dimensions that I just wanted to peel back.
For me, this was one of the sexiest and swoon-worthy books that I have read in quite a while which is saying something because during the book their is no actual sex between the couple throughout the book.
Yes, they share a couple of heated kisses but no explicit detailing of sex in this book, for a number of reasons, which I won't spoil.
I will say, however, that the chemistry and connection between Zoe and Chase is both hot enough to scorch and sweet enough to make you sigh with envy.
Zoe is a character that I can quite easily relate to.
There was many a time growing up where I felt as though I were the 'ugly duckling' of my group of friends, that I was somehow lacking or less than they were. That my place in the group was strictly the bookworm, nerdy friend where they were the pretty girls.
Somewhat similar to how Zoe feels around her best friend.
Zoe, somewhat like myself, is somewhat of an introvert so it seems miraculous and somewhat unbelievable that a megastar celebrity like Chase Covington would want anything to do with her.
Chase Covington is a sexy, swoon-worthy hero that makes my heart melt.
A man who has skeletons in his closet and hidden depths. He's the kind of character that makes me wish a man like that could appear in my life.

I enjoyed this book tremendously and would definitely recommend it.
Fans of T.Gephart's #1 Crush and Harper Sloan's Perfectly Imperfect would really enjoy this book.

I received an early copy of this book from Netgalley.

Bingeworthy Book Blog
On Facebook
On Twitter
On Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read #Starstruck.

Started Reading