melissafandomworld's Reviews > Beloved

Beloved by Corinne Michaels

I devoured this book and loved every second of it. From start to finish'; I. JUST. COULDN'T. STOP. READING and that ending of book 1?! omg, my poor heart can hardly handle it!
So, there was no doubt whatsoever in me purchasing book 2, beholden, RIGHT AWAY. S
o guess what I'll be doing right after adding my review hehe *looking smug

My first Corinne Michaels book and I fell in love hard with her writing. She writes with so much emotion, which felt so palpable and it reeled me in, right away. I fell hard for Jackson and Catherine's story. I love these main characters and the addition of Catherine's best friend, Ashton, was great too I think - I really hope there's a story about her as well - I still need to check out the synopsis' of the rest of the books in the series. Add the military elements which I really loved as well, great humor every now and then and the awesome banter between Catherine and Jackosn and I'm hooked!

Okay, so some elements are definitely quite a cliché regarding the story-line; Catherine's fiancé cheated on her and she had a troublesome past in which her daddy left - hello daddy issues - and she feels like she'll never be good enough for anyone. And then fate plays a cruel trick on her by bringing her together with that hot guy she met in a restaurant - well met; she fell quite literally in his lap, lol -, whom she never thought she'd see again but alas; he's her new client, their sexual attraction is off the freaking charts hot and he's determined to attach himself to her and then the ball gets rollin' hehe.

- Will Catherine be able to overcome her fears and open up to Jackson? Right from the first time you meet Jackson until you get to know him better, you just can't stop flipping the pages fast enough. I CONSTANTLY NEEDED MORE, MORE, MORE. And MORE is definitely what I got, damn! When you get to know more about Jackson, you fall just as hard as Catherine does for this man. He's everything you could want in a man and despite that often being 'too' fictional, Jackson really feels like such a realistic character I think. And Catherine was really likable. I felt bad for her when she finds out about her fiancé, but DAYUM does Jackson make up for it haha. Catherine's POV was greatly written I think and she felt like a reliable narrator and I could identify myself with her thoughts really well. I absolutely loved the banter between Catherine and Jackson, their off the charts attraction but most of all their emotional development throughout the book, it was just really beautifully written I think.

Like I said; the writing is so good so that made up for the cliché parts of the storyline I guess because the clichés present didn't bother me actually. I kind of really liked the story-line and how the author wrote it down. It's the author's writing that reeled me in and made this book so freaking fantastic. And I'm still having trouble controlling my heartbeat after reading that ending, my god. My heart bleeds so badly right now.

I.need.to.know.how.it.continues - starts reading book 2 NOW

soooo, If you like
* two freaking lovable and well developed main characters and likable minor characters being friends with the main characters
* humor - I had to laugh out loud a couple of times because there's seriously such sweet, honest and funny humor in this book and I LOVED it
* a well developed emotional relationship between the love interests aside from off the charts sexual attraction
* greatly written sexy scenes
* some military elements
and just awesome writing in general; Then you really need to buy this book now and start reading it! I promise you won't regret it!

TIP:
buy book 2 up front, because when you finish this book, YOU'RE IN NEED OF BOOK 2 right away haha, trust me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beloved.

Quotes melissafandomworld Liked

Corinne Michaels
“I told you I’ll always find you, but you have to want to be found. Let me find you, Catherine.”
Corinne Michaels, Beloved

Corinne Michaels
“Sometimes the heart and mind don’t work together, but a child is never to blame for the errors of the parent. We all make mistakes, but forgiveness sets the soul free.”
Corinne Michaels, Beloved

February 5, 2018 – Started Reading
February 5, 2018 – Shelved
February 5, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Katiria (new)

Katiria Amazing review Melissa. :)

melissafandomworld Katiria wrote: "Amazing review Melissa. :)"