Brenda's Reviews > How to Ensnare a Highlander

How to Ensnare a Highlander by Michelle McLean

Publisher's Description:

When Lady Elizabet Harding’s family is targeted by the notorious Highland Highwayman, she finds herself wounded and an unwelcome guest of the charming outlaw who’d ruined her reputation earlier that day. Elizabet only wants to get even for her family’s downfall, but the more time she spends with the scoundrel, the more complicated her feelings become.

By day, Laird John MacGregor graces the court of Charles II. By night, he exacts revenge on his enemies – one of whom is betrothed to the fiery heiress who has, quite literally, fallen into his arms. The daughter of one enemy and promised to another, Elizabet should be the last person John wants. Yet even as she exasperates him, she is all he has ever desired for himself. When her life is put in danger, he will do anything necessary to protect the women he never expected to love…even if it means they cannot be together.

My Thoughts:

This well written and somewhat tragic tale is a page turner.
You must continue to read just in case tragedy turns on it heels to a happily ever after.
Elizabet's family is the target of a highwayman. She needs to get away from the mess that her family is facing and while out riding quite literally falls into the arms of that very scoundrel.
John MacGregor is by day a member of King Charles II court and by night a Robinhood. He feels he must exact revenge on his brother's murderer.
One of the men responsible is Elizabeth's father. The other is her betrothed.
Will their attraction to each other turn to tragedy or an everlasting love?
I gave this book 4.5 of 5.0 stars for storyline and character development and a sensual rating of 3.75 of 5.0 flames. Intimacy is not what makes this story a good one. The tragic nature of this tale is the necessary element in this page turning tale.
I received a complimentary digital ARC of this book to read by invitation.
This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Ensnare a Highlander.

February 2, 2018 – Started Reading