Jan's Reviews > The First Time at Firelight Falls

The First Time at Firelight Falls by Julie Anne Long

bookshelves: contemporary

3.5 to 4 stars. A sweet, enjoyable CR, with little angst. I liked the H, Gabe, principal of the elementary school, but also an ex-Navy SEAL. He's hot, but also a really nice guy. Mature, likeable, a person of integrity.

Gabe has quietly admired Eden for a while. A parent of one of his students, a single mom of bright ten-year-old Annelise. He sees the lovely relationship between mother and daughter, and his respect and liking for Eden grows.

But just as the relationship between Gabe and Eden starts to heat up, a complication from Eden's past wanders into town. And it has to be dealt with.

The story moved along at a good pace, and I liked the plot line and the characterisations. Overall, a well-written and enjoyable, although not brilliant, CR.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Time at Firelight Falls.

February 4, 2018 – Shelved
February 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 28, 2018 – Started Reading
May 28, 2018 –
27.0% "Brand new shiny. I'm liking it so far :D"
May 31, 2018 –
June 1, 2018 –
63.0% "This is pretty cute so far."
June 2, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary
June 2, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Jultri Good one, Jan! I'm not so sure of this one after encountering Gabe in the previous book. He just seems way too nice, and I like my book men slightly grouchy and very alpha.

message 2: by Jan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jan Oh, he's alpha alright. But yeah, pretty nice with it too, although that seems counter-intuitive. LOL.

Jultri Yes, it would be a waste of alphaness if he can't flex it from time to time. One can't just look like an alpha and not act like an alpha also. There has to be some possessiveness, some territorial roaring, some primitiveness, you know what I mean. He can be nice to her, but has to stake his claim around others. Like Dallas is very nice and gentle around Di and the boys, but he chest-beats when other men enter Di's sphere in Wait for It.

Christina ~ Brunette Reader Nice review, Jan! :)
I've liked some of her HRs (and IIRC she a new series coming out later this year), but never tried her CRs, will keep them in mind.