B.A. Wilson's Reviews > Iron Gold

Iron Gold by Pierce Brown

24206425

liked it
bookshelves: sci-fi

There's nothing quite so painful as desperately awaiting the arrival of a preordered book, only to read it and find you're not really enjoying it and can't wait for it to end.

There's a lot I could say about why this story was a complete disconnect for me, but I may actually be too sad and disappointed to say any of it.

Luckily, every single other person who read this seems to have absolutely loved it, so you should probably just disregard my opinion in this instance.

There was one new character that I adored and was fascinated by. However, I will confess that despite the tedious storyline, with multiple parts, some of which go nowhere as slowly as possible, the most upsetting thing for me was that this story made me dislike and lose interest in a character that used to be a favorite.

Ugh. I feel a book depression coming on. Send chocolate. Or tequila. Or a book that doesn't feel like a chore to get through. *cries a million pretty tears of despair*

Really unpopular opinion time: this actually deserves 2 stars from me, but I just can't do it. I still love the world, and it hurts too much to give it less than 3 stars. At this point, I figure I've suffered enough, just by having read the whole thing, so 3 stars it is.

Book 54 read in 2018

Pages: 600

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Gold.

September 12, 2017 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
September 12, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
February 4, 2018 – Started Reading
February 4, 2018 – Shelved
February 4, 2018 –
40.0% "I am endlessly fascinated by this brutal world."
February 7, 2018 –
75.0% "I confess I’m struggling a bit. I am drawn in by some of the POVs and not others. But it could be partly that I’ve been a poor listener at times. I really should have reread the trilogy first. Probably would have helped. Some things just still aren’t clicking for me."
February 8, 2018 – Shelved as: sci-fi
February 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Molly (new) - added it

Molly Mortensen I'm sorry this one wasn't nearly as good. Which character did you lose interest in that used to be your favorite?