Jennifer's Reviews > Molly's Game: From Hollywood's Elite to Wall Street's Billionaire Boys Club, My High-Stakes Adventure in the World of Underground Poker

Molly's Game by Molly Bloom

9420458

liked it
bookshelves: 2018-books, 5000-books-2018, audiobooks

Blech -- I feel like I need a shower.

The issue with memoirs or biographies, is that I find myself not only making assessments of the book, but also the person who is the subject of the book. In this case, the subject is Molly Bloom -- a Type-A among the Type As -- ambitious to the extreme. The book chronicles her rise from waitress to organizer of some of the world's most expensive private poker games (and then, eventual arrest and downfall).

Her chutzpuh and work ethic quickly give way to greed. There aren't a lot of likeable (real-life) characters in this book. If nothing else, one could consider this book a good warning on what happens when people put money, power, and success ahead of integrity and family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Molly's Game.

January 26, 2018 – Started Reading
February 1, 2018 – Finished Reading
February 3, 2018 – Shelved
February 9, 2018 – Shelved as: 5000-books-2018
February 9, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-books
February 9, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobooks

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Hope you used Irish Spring :) Great review. Hope your next one is much better and no shower required!

message 2: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Terrific review, Jennifer. I think I'll pass... I sincerely hope your next is much, much better!