Joanna Larum's Reviews > Before I Found You

Before I Found You by Daisy White

This is the second Ruby Baker novel I have read and , this time, I would recommend reading the first one before reading Before I Found You. Ruby, Mary and baby Summer are still living in the flat above Johnnie's hair salon and working as trainees for him. Ruby is asked by Beverley to find her daughter who disappeared years before. Beverley has served 10 years for her murder but is insistent that she was innocent. The tale unfolds to show the horrendous things that were happening in Brighton at that time.
For those of us old enough to remember the sixties it is a wonderful stroll down Nostalgia Lane. For those of us who weren't born then, it is an eye-opening look at the time, showing that it wasn't all 'free love' and 'flower power' but still caught up in many of the prejudices and violent behaviour of the Victorian age.
Be prepared for a dramatic ending after the full horror of Man's inhumanity and the problems of public figures with twisted private lives are revealed. I would thoroughly recommend reading this novel although I wouldn't recommend starting it if you have a timetable to adhere to - you will miss appointments and meals until you've finished it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Found You.

February 1, 2018 – Started Reading