DJ's Reviews > The Woman in the Window

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

bookshelves: books-read-in-2018, hardback, mysterious-tales, thriller

Okay...full disclosure...I LOVE HITCHCOCK'S REAR WINDOW. DISTURBIA (Shia La Beuf movie) even more. The whole intrigue of seeing a possible something from the safety of your home, though you might not be safe and can't really help...

This was one of those stories I just couldn't bare to put down.

Anna Fox lives in her New York City brownstone, alone and agoraphobic. She keeps in touch with the outside world through her camera lens and a website for those stuck in their homes by their own psychological issues. A new neighbor moves in...and that's just only the beginning.

I'm trying to think of things I can say that won't spoil it. I mean, new neighbors, a crime happens, witness stuck in their home but tries their damnedest to help out...typical story like this...BUT...

This story seriously had you thinking one thing when in reality it was twenty other things. The twists turned into twists upon themselves. Usually, I read something like this and I have it figured out within the first 100 pages (the whole story...where I just keep reading to see how correct my assessments were), but this tale... I only figured out one piece of the over all puzzle before the first 100 pages were read. The rest...again, very twisty and quite a bit was unexpected and I just didn't see coming at all. SO MANY MANY MANY POINTS for this author for keeping me surprised.

Overall, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE! It was nice to be surprised. Especially when I know/love stories similar to this...definitely worth a read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman in the Window.

February 2, 2018 – Started Reading
February 2, 2018 – Shelved
February 2, 2018 –
page 1
0.23% "Probably going to start this today since I cannot read my other book without my iPad and decent WiFi ... which means can’t read the other one outside my home."
February 3, 2018 –
page 50
11.71% "Don't wanna stop reading!"
February 10, 2018 – Finished Reading