Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Manga Classics: The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe

Manga Classics by Stacy King

19253213
The Stories Of Edgar Allen Poe is another adaptation by Stacy King, who has adapted several other Manga Classics including Sense And Sensibility. This was my first encounter with any of Edgar Allen Poe's works, and to say that the stories creeped me out would be an understatement considering that I write horror and creep-worthy fiction myself.

To be honest, this book did not please me like some of the other Manga Classics did; maybe it was because I wasn't able to connect with Poe's writing, or maybe because there were only a couple of stories. Either way, I didn't like this book enough to get and read other works by Mr Poe because having previously read Stacy King's other adaptations, I know that that it wasn't because of her or the illustrations, which were beautifully done, to say the least.

The illustrations, as mentioned above, were awesome and spell-binding (literally!) They felt eerie and many times I stopped reading only to examine the illustrations more closely as they had such amazing details. Unfortunately, I received a very early ARC edition of this particular book, so some of the illustrations were only in black and white. Nonetheless, the illustrations were remarkable.

If you're anything like me and dread reading most fo the classics, then go ahead and give this one a read. It never hurts to have read the condensed and illustrated version of the most famous works of one of the greatest authors of their time.

You can also read this review at: www.thereadingbud.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Manga Classics.

February 2, 2018 – Started Reading
February 2, 2018 – Shelved
February 2, 2018 –
54.0% "This is some really creepy stuff..."
February 4, 2018 – Finished Reading