Susan's Reviews > Taken

Taken by Erin Bowman

Oct 27, 2011

I had a very vague idea (er...mostly no idea, actually) what TAKEN was about when I began reading. Dystopian and some action? Cool, I thought. I'll read this on my transatlantic plane trip, and...

::times passes::

I glanced up at the big TV-clock-thingy. WHAT?! We're already landing?! I forced myself to ignore the turbulent ride down to the tarmac--I WAS SO CLOSE TO THE END, and I just HAD to know what would happen!

Fortunately, in case you were worried, I managed to finish just as the plane touched down. And then I managed to think about the book all the way to the baggage claim, all the way home from Stuttgart, and all through the next week.

Okay, so what did I enjoy so much? GRAY! GRAY, GRAY! It's SO refreshing to read some YA told from a guy's POV--a sexy guy's POV at that. He's kickbutt yet also a sweetheart. He's impulsive and sometimes careless, yet he's loyal and determined. And every step he takes is both unpredictable yet utterly consistent with his character.

Oh, and the love triangle? SWOOOOOOON. I cannot WAIT to see how it all plays out in book 2!

I don't want to give away the full story--the Heist is SUCH a delicious secret--but don't worry: the plot matches the characters in its intensity (so much action!) and depth.

So if you're in the mood for action, dystopian, or a swoon-worthy hero, then be sure to pick up TAKEN.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken.

October 27, 2011 – Shelved
January 5, 2012 – Started Reading
January 14, 2012 –
page 180
50.0% "This book is UNPUTDOWNABLE. Holy crow, I wasn't prepared for how sucked in I am..."
January 17, 2012 – Finished Reading

Susan April wrote: "Taken! I've read this awesome book so many times I could quote parts with my eyes closed. So, so very, very good."

I am so, SO excited to read this book. :D Opening it right now...

message 2: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Bowman Ah, you guys! Thank you! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Did someone say SWOOOOOOON? *adds TBR*

Eden ...There is a love triangle? *pokes tentatively*

message 5: by Randi (new)

Randi Wait... How come it says it doesnt come out until 2013. Please help! I wanna read it too.

Felipe Gulyas your review just make me want to read the book more, I knew it would have a love triangle, I bet the girl on the cover is one of the girls that Gray will have a romance