Sarah's Reviews > Babe Ruth and the Baseball Curse

F 50x66
Oct 27, 2011

bookshelves: children-literature
Read in October, 2011

Babe Ruth and the Baseball Curse by David Adler is a biography about the famous baseball player Babe Ruth. Before 1918, the Boston Red Sox were unstoppable. They won World Series after World Series. This was all because Babe Ruth was the homerun record holding baseball player, but some people on the Red Sox felt that Babe Ruth was too much trouble, and was traded to one of the worst teams in baseball, the New York Yankees. From then on, the Yankees became an amazing team. And the Red Sox didn’t win another World Series for over 80 years. Until eventually a guy named Hank Aaron broke his record.
I thought this book was a very eventful book and great for little boys who love sports especially baseball. I thought the illustrations were very good. They were very colorful and very vibrant. I think the age group appropriate for this book would probably be 7 years and older. The theme would be Babe Ruth and baseball although I don’t think that is considered a theme. I think this book would be appealing to young readers because it is fun, interesting, and about something all young boys like. On the other hand, I don’t necessarily think most young girls would be interested to read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Babe Ruth and the Baseball Curse.