Brenda's Reviews > I Know What You Bid Last Summer

I Know What You Bid Last Summer by Sherry Harris

bookshelves: netgalley

I Know What You Bid Last Summer is the fifth installment in the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery series set in Ellington, MA and featuring Sarah Winston. Heartbroken that ex-husband CJ has moved to Florida, Sarah is trying to keep busy and the Ellington High School Athletic Equipment swap is just the thing to occupy her time.

The night before the swap Sarah is alone in the gym making sure everything is all set and setting up the items that she's collected for the silent auction. Proceeds from the auction will be donated to the school district much to the delight of the school board. The lights go out, Sarah is attacked and locked in the equipment closet and when she manages to break free realizes that someone has made off with most of the auction items which were signed memorabilia from local professional athletes. When a member of the school board is found dead the next day in the same closet, Sarah is determined to find not only a thief but a killer too.

In addition to setting up an over the top garage sale that has Sara shaking her head, there's a lasagna bake off scheduled in the neighboring town of Bedford and Angelo DiNapoli has entered. Determined to outdo the competition, Angelo asks Sarah to visit the competing shops and bring back samples of the different lasagna, word gets out and she soon finds herself wishing she'd never have to taste the cheesy concoction again.

A fast paced plot with well crafted characters. This series never disappoints and gets better with each new addition.

I received an advanced copy of I Know What You Bid Last Summer from NetGalley via Kensington Publishing. While not required to write a review I am more than happy to offer my honest opinion.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Know What You Bid Last Summer.

February 1, 2018 – Started Reading