Pamela's Reviews > My Scot, My Surrender

My Scot, My Surrender by Amalie Howard

Overall a great read, though a little silly at times. The h kisses the H at a fair, in order to avoid marriage to an evil Lord, resulting in a forced marriage. He agrees to not consummate the marriage, in order to allow for an annulment, and they plan to travel to her sister, where the evil lord malvern will be unable to get to her. Oh, and she survived an attack by a momma wolf when she was 9 or 10, so is scarred, and nicknamed “The Beast “. And he is of Scot descent, but doesn’t know his clan, but wants to know.
The evil Lord pursues them, resulting in clashes and narrow escapes. Told by a priest that his signet ring is Montgomery, they head for Montgomery lands, receiving an interesting mixed response when they arrive.
It was a decent read, and a couple I liked, though I doubt any child would survive a wolf attack, nor behave as our h does with the men of another clan. But it was a good story. May read the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Scot, My Surrender.