Christy's Reviews > Getting Schooled

Getting Schooled by Emma Chase

bookshelves: 2018-audio, 2018-five-stars

5 stars!

description

Getting Schooled is currently an Audible exclusive (will be available on other platforms this June), and I love my audio books, so the second it went live I picked it up. Not only was the story amazing for me, but two of my favorite narrators (Zachary Webber & Andi Arndt) narrated the book.

Callie Carpenter is coming home to take care of her parents, after being across the country in California for years. She ends up getting a temporary job at her high school in the theater department, and none other but her ex boyfriend and first love Garrett Daniels works there as coach and teacher.

Callie is the only girl Garrett has ever loved. Ever since they split, he’s had no real relationships. Now that she’s back, he can’t stay away. Callie needs a little help navigating the school and the students, and Garrett is just the guy to help her. I adored both Callie and Garrett. I thought they had amazing chemistry and a fabulous connection that never died, even after all those years. I rooted for these two to make it work and get back together!

Another fantastic thing about this book was that it took place in the high school. I loved the relationships they had with the students, the other teachers hilarious banter, honestly- there was nothing I didn’t love about this one!

There is something about both Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt. They bring their characters to life in every book that they read. I love their narration, and I would definitely recommend giving the audio-book a go, even if it’s not your preferred method of reading.

Emma’s writing is always on point. Her characters are a lot of fun, witty, and charismatic. And her male POV is one of the best I’ve ever read! This book was no exception! Getting Schooled was just the book I needed right now. It made me laugh, made me tear up at one point, and overall, it warmed my heart and left a huge smile on my face. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a second chance romance!

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Schooled.

January 31, 2018 – Shelved
January 31, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 27, 2018 – Started Reading
February 27, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-audio
February 28, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-five-stars
February 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Deanna (new)

Deanna yay for 5 stars :)

Christy Deanna wrote: "yay for 5 stars :)"

Yes! It was so good!! xo

message 3: by Em (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em The audible is out but the ebook won't be published until June?? I just cancelled my audible membership 😫😫

message 5: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic Great review, Christy!

Christy Thanks, lovelies! xoxo

Christy Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ wrote: "great review Christy!"

Thanks, dear! <3

message 9: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Great review, Christy! I am anxious to get to this!

Christy Linda wrote: "Great review, Christy! I am anxious to get to this!"

Thanks, Linda! I hope you love it as much as I did x

message 11: by Lucia (new)

Lucia Lovely review, dear! :)

Christy Lucia wrote: "Lovely review, dear! :)"

Thanks, honey! x

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Awesome review, Christy!! <3 xx

Christy Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Awesome review, Christy!! <3 xx"

Thanks, Alex! <3

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Amazing review, sweetie :) xx

Christy Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ wrote: "Amazing review, sweetie :) xx"

Thanks, babes!! xoxo

message 17: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Superb review, love! ❤️ Can’t wait to read!

Christy Jen wrote: "Superb review, love! ❤️ Can’t wait to read!"

Thanks, sweetheart! I hope you love it x

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Great review Sweetie - I loved this one too!! xoxo-

Christy Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ wrote: "Great review Sweetie - I loved this one too!! xoxo-"

Thanks, love! xoxo