Wynne Katherine's Reviews > Blackwood

Blackwood by Celia Aaron

liked it
bookshelves: dnf

Worth noting : This story ends in the middle of the book and continues with another story.
Which is kind of weird since I went in with the mindset that it has this certain amount of pages only to have that cut in half. But oh well.

Since I read Special Forces : Soldiers, my rating standard has changed without me even realizing. After reading that book, I find myself secretly comparing whatever books I read to SF. And that is a horrifying thing to do as most books I read totally pales when compared to the character development and the plot in SF. But I can't help myself. So please bear with me while I try to ride out this SF fever.

As for the story in this book, it's good. Wasn't really able to capture my attention and make me want to keep reading, and I admit I started skimming once I hit 35% in the book – which is around 65% of the story since the book was filled with two separate stories. The story wasn't bad per se, it's just not as dark as promised. I went in hoping for something gritty and twisted, but ended up with something that's not so dark but a lot sweet.

I'm not going to go in-depth into the characters as I feel like the character developments are kind of half-assed and written in haste. So if it wasn't worth the author's time to use up the much deserved pages that the characters needed to develop and grow their relationship into something that's more believable, I figure it's not worth my time to write a lengthy rant on the good and the bad points each characters have.

description

As I mentioned above, the plot is good and the characters are fine, albeit some stupid decisions here and there. But overall, it was an okay read. If you are looking for some short, dark read– I am using the term "dark" loosely here – then definitely check this book out.

For more of my reviews, click here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackwood.

January 30, 2018 – Shelved
January 30, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 7, 2018 – Started Reading
February 8, 2018 –
32.0% "“Don’t push me, because if you do”—His expressive eyes pinned me with a look so hot I tensed—“I’ll take you somewhere you’ve never been, and I doubt you’ll enjoy it. Not a girl like you.”

description
"
February 8, 2018 – Shelved as: dnf
February 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Ula'ndi (new) - added it

Ula'ndi Hart Oh... now this sounds YUMMY! Do keep me up to speed dear ;-)

Wynne Katherine Ula'ndi wrote: "Oh... now this sounds YUMMY! Do keep me up to speed dear ;-)"

message 3: by Ula'ndi (new) - added it

Ula'ndi Hart Wynne wrote: "Ula'ndi wrote: "Oh... now this sounds YUMMY! Do keep me up to speed dear ;-)"

I will. You'll probably see lots of updates while I read this book (if it's good) ;)"

I'm really hoping with my fingers crossed that it is cause that cover is great! heheheh

Wynne Katherine Ula'ndi wrote: "Wynne wrote: "Ula'ndi wrote: "Oh... now this sounds YUMMY! Do keep me up to speed dear ;-)"

I'm really hoping..."

Me too! have you read the blurb on this one? It's hawt. Let's just hope the author delivers ;)