Sherida Stewart's Reviews > Her Secret Daughter

Her Secret Daughter by Ruth Logan Herne

This book is soooooo good.....filled with the beauty of loving sacrifice!

As with any book by author Ruth Logan Herne, keep a box of tissues nearby because there are moments of tears.....tears of empathy and tears of joy. Yes, a great book! Sacrificial love themes are a favorite of mine, and Her Secret Daughter is filled with that kind of love....giving up your own desires to choose the best situation for others.

Josie Gallagher has worked hard to put her difficult past behind her, returning to the town of Grace Haven to live her dream of operating her own barbecue restaurant. But all her careful plans are swept away when handsome Jacob Weatherly arrives in town with Addie, his adopted daughter.

My heart hurts for Josie, knowing she dealt with some hard issues as a young woman. She both accepts and gives grace as she builds a new life for herself. She is strong in her determination to make things right.

Jacob is my kind of wonderful....a caring daddy and a morally strong man. He works hard to balance his work as a development executive with his most important role of providing love and a normal life for his adopted daughter, his sister’s child. And this child, Addie, is so fun, bubbling with enthusiasm. She dances on the pages!

Her Secret Daughter is so engaging, with many surprises along the way, as Josie and Jacob show that the strength of love can make the world better....and open a path to an amazing happy ever after. Did I mention Kleenex is needed?

Favorite quotes:

And with God on their side, they’d make everything work out.

He’d recognized the precious gift from God right away, almost as if it was somehow meant to be...and he’d been cherishing that gift every day since.

*I was given a copy of this book with no requirement to write a review. I’m delighted to offer my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Secret Daughter.

Started Reading