Nadia's Reviews > The Beau & the Belle

The Beau & the Belle by R.S. Grey

I was ready to hate this book. Especially because all the teen angst I had to go through for the first third of the book. I.did.not.sign.up.for.a.freaking.YA.novel. And I resent that I was submitted to that. Some strategically placed flashbacks would've worked just as fine. So strike one: too much YA for my taste.

Strike two: Lauren. I swear she's borderline psychotic. Why is it that every heroine in these supposed romcoms has to be a lunatic? For comedic effect? You do know that you can have funny dialogues and inner monologues without making your heroine seem like somebody who would need to have their therapist on speed dial? Just saying.

The only saving grace was Beau. I liked his cool and swagger and dedication and commitment. He was actually quite dreamy in the end. My point is, I was ready to hate the book but Beau made it tolerable. If you're really set on reading this book, by all means, be my guest, just remember that you'll have to suffer for a long while to get to the goodies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beau & the Belle.

January 30, 2018 – Shelved