Anna's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

3193706
Oct 26, 2011

bookshelves: in-english
Read from October 25 to November 03, 2011 — I own a copy

Now I remember why I used to say that this is my favourite Harry Potter book.....
When I was trying to get into a great high school I had to interview with two teachers and they of course asked if I was reading anything. I told them that I've read all of the Harry Potter books (I think four of them were out already), and when they asked which one was my favourite I said the Prisoner of Azkaban. And why? I said I like it more because the story is not about Voldemort. I must've said it in a funny way because they laughed... but that's a great thing during an interview, right?
I think I was only 12 years old, but my opinion hasn't changed in 7 years.

Let me write more about why I love it.
The writing shows that this is not only for kids anymore, the characters are more mature, the story is great (the whole going back in time is still an amazing idea).
And the patronus charm is the best magic JKR ever created. The only thing that's better than the idea of dementors is that you can fight them, you can make them go away. I love what she tries to say with this. We always have dementors around us, but with happiness we CAN fight them.

I'm really fond of Lupin (who isn't, he was the best defence against the dark arts teacher). I don't remember reading the book for the first time so I don't know how I felt when I found out about his relationship to Harry's parents, but rereading the book and seeing the (little) sings are great.
And of course Sirius, the first time I cried because of a book was when he died.

I got so emotional near to the end (last chapter) that my eyes started to water, thank god I was on public transport.
I just want to skip Goblet of Fire and read the Order of the Phoenix. But if I was able to reread the Chamber of Secrets, GoF shouldn't be a problem..... right?

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

10/26/2011 page 55