Miranda Reads's Reviews > Jackalope

Jackalope by Janet Stevens

bookshelves: 2018-popsugar-reading-challenge

Abso-freaking-lutely adorable in every way

Ever wonder about the real legend of the Jackalope? Wonder no longer because sisters Janet and Susan have written down the "history" of this mythical animal from the North American planes.

Narrated by an old armadillo, we learn of a young jackrabbit named Jackalope. Jackalope was strange by his family's standards because he wanted to become the scariest creature in the desert. And, much to his surprise, his fairy godrabbit delivers.

description
Figure 1: For those who may be unfamiliar, a jackalope is a combination of a jackrabbit and an antelope and can be recognized by its large antlers. Interestingly, many believe that the legends began because of jackrabbits becoming infected with a warty face cancer. The warts can sometimes grow to resemble antlers.

Downer about the real-life jackrabbits aside, the art was absolutely fabulous and the story - nothing short of perfect. My favorite character was definitely the fairy godrabbit - her vegetable themed puns just made my life complete. She was sassy, silly and sarcastic - my kind of girl!

This book was simply delightful.

Popsugar 2018 Reading Challenge - A book with an animal in the title

Blog | Instagram | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jackalope.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Luvtoread (new)

Luvtoread Wonderful review again Miranda!! I need to come up with better adjectives for your reviews. Lol. This sounds so adorable!!

Miranda Reads Thank you so much :)

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Nice review Miranda. I love the idea of the fairy godrabbit. :)

Miranda Reads Thanks Barbara - this was such a cute book :)