Brittany's Reviews > How to Start a Home-Based Interior Design Business, 4th

Oct 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011
Read in October, 2011

I found this book while browsing my library's interior design section. I don't think I'd recommend anyone buy this book, but if the subject matter interests you, I think it's worth a trip to the library.

Pros:
1. Good ideas for organization (how to keep track of projects' details, etc.) This book is worth reading for this alone.
2. It's a quick read and the information is easy to digest.
3. Most of her advice is very practical, especially the sections on measurements and working with drapery workrooms and other contractors.

Cons:
1. The latest edition was out-of-date even for its time when it was printed in 2006. Email is a way to save time and communicate with clients? You need a fax machine? Just skip over these little oddities.
2. The book is very heavily focused on window coverings, especially miniblinds. Granted I am not an interior designer, or even in a related field, but I doubt interior designers are getting a whole lot of miniblind business these days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Start a Home-Based Interior Design Business, 4th.