Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > Three Days Missing

Three Days Missing by Kimberly Belle

bookshelves: 2018-reads, arcs, kindle-version, recent-favorites, 2018-summer-reads

5 “ratcheting-up the suspense” stars to Three Days Missing! 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

Sometimes you know that you are going to click with a thriller from the first chapter, and that was the case with Three Days Missing. I have read two other books by Kimberly Belle, and I was especially impressed with The Ones We Trust. It had tight suspense with a Scandal-type feel, and I gobbled it up. Well, the same thing happened with Three Days Missing; I breezed right through the easy-to-read narrative with ratcheting-up suspense.

In Three Days Missing, we have narratives from two moms who have sent their young children on a school-sponsored camping trip. The first mom is Kat Jenkins, and her son Ethan is nine-years-old, bright, and quirky. Kat did not want to let Ethan go on the trip. She’s a nervous mom anyway, and Ethan is bullied without friends in his class, so she was worried about how he would manage socially at the camp. Also important to note is that Kat has been going through a bitter divorce from Ethan’s father. The police knock on her door (this scene was so original, so relatable and dramatic, I could imagine it happening to me or one of my friends), and Kat is told that her son is missing from the camp. She is rushed to the site where the investigation has ensued.

The other narrator is Stef Huntington; mom of Sammy, wife of Sam, the mayor of Atlanta. Stef lives the posh life, very much the opposite of Kat, and through hearing from Stef, the tension builds and builds in the story.

Hour by hour there is a race against the clock to find Ethan, while hearing from both of these strong female characters, determined moms that they are. While I did guess one of the twists, there was no way I could guess the biggest one; it was too intricate and well-done.

Overall, Three Days Missing is an exceptionally suspenseful novel filled with likable and relatable characters. To be certain, there have been other “missing children” storylines; however, Three Days Missing is an inventive contribution, and Belle’s taut writing makes this just the type of suspense I enjoy reading.

Thank you to Harlequin/Park Row for the copy. Three Days Missing will be published on June 26, 2018.

My reviews can also be found on my blog: www.jennifertarheelreader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Days Missing.

January 29, 2018 – Shelved
January 29, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
March 26, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
March 26, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
June 16, 2018 – Started Reading
June 16, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-reads
June 16, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs
June 16, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
June 25, 2018 – Shelved as: recent-favorites
June 25, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018-summer-reads
June 25, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)

message 1: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Ooo great review Jennifer! I want to read this but am taking a break on thrillers right now... tad bit burnt out lol.

Kaceey Terrific review Jennifer! I’m reading this one right now!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kendall wrote: "Ooo great review Jennifer! I want to read this but am taking a break on thrillers right now... tad bit burnt out lol."

Thanks, Kendall! When you get to it, I hope you LOVE it, but it’s great to take a break from thrillers once in a while. Keeps them fresh!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Terrific review Jennifer! I’m reading this one right now!"

Thank you, Kaceey! Aww, I wish I could have read this one with you! I hope you are enjoying it! I just love this author! ♥️

message 5: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad you connected with this book immediately and really loved it, Jennifer ;) Fabulous review!! ❤️

message 6: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna Awesome review!!

message 7: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Harcombe Great review Jennifer. There does seem to be a lot of books out with this theme at present. Good you saw something different in this one.

message 8: by Jaline (new) - added it

Jaline Awesome review, Jennifer!! 😊

Michelle Love your review, Jennifer! :) The reviews coming in for this one are glowing so far. I can't wait to read this!

Tammy Great review Jennifer! Sounds wonderful with lots of suspense. Adding! 👍🏻😁

Julie Great review, Jennifer! I'm adding this one!

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly  B I need to add this one!

Diane S ☔ Terrific review, Jennifer. Added it too!

Meredith I can’t wait to read this! Fantastic review, Jennifer!

message 15: by DeAnn (new) - added it

DeAnn Looks great Jennifer!

message 16: by Krista (new) - added it

Krista Great review! Another one for my The pile.

message 17: by Babydimps (Suzy) (new)

Babydimps (Suzy) Awesome review Jennifer! Sounds really good! 😊

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader KAS wrote: "Glad you connected with this book immediately and really loved it, Jennifer ;) Fabulous review!! ❤️"

Thanks so much, KAS! It’s the best when that happens! Xo

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Deanna wrote: "Awesome review!!"

Thank you, Dee!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Dale wrote: "Great review Jennifer. There does seem to be a lot of books out with this theme at present. Good you saw something different in this one."

Thank you, Dale! It must be difficult for authors to keep stories original when there are so many books on the market.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Jaline wrote: "Awesome review, Jennifer!! 😊"

Thank you, Jaline!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Michelle wrote: "Love your review, Jennifer! :) The reviews coming in for this one are glowing so far. I can't wait to read this!"

Thanks, Michelle! It is so worthy! I hope you love it!

message 23: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Fab review, Jennifer! Glad it was enjoyable read for you! xoxo

message 24: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette Great review, Jennifer. I love when a book delivers!

message 25: by JanB (new)

JanB Terrific review Jennifer! I’ll keep it in mind after my thriller hiatus ends :)

message 26: by Marialyce (new)

Marialyce Always impressed when I see those five stars. Great review, Jennifer!

message 27: by Magdalena (new) - added it

Magdalena Fantastic review, Jennifer!

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Wonderful review, Jennifer!!! I loved this too, but I haven't read the other one you mentioned so of course I just added it to my amazon cart! <3

message 29: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Glad this book grabbed you from the very first chapter!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Fab review, Jennifer! 💙💙💙
So glad that you loved this. I cant wait to read this one.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Tammy wrote: "Great review Jennifer! Sounds wonderful with lots of suspense. Adding! 👍🏻😁"

Thank you, Tammy! I hope you love it too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Julie wrote: "Great review, Jennifer! I'm adding this one!"

Thanks, Julie! It’s so fantastic- I hope you enjoy it too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Holly wrote: "I need to add this one!"

Holls, yes you do!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Diane S ☔ wrote: "Terrific review, Jennifer. Added it too!"

Thanks, Diane! I hope it’s a winner and that you find it suspenseful!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Meredith wrote: "I can’t wait to read this! Fantastic review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Meredith! Ohh, I can’t wait to read your thoughts on it!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader DeAnn wrote: "Looks great Jennifer!"

It was so good, DeAnn!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Krista wrote: "Great review! Another one for my The pile."

Thanks, Krista! I hope you love it when you are able to get to it!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Awesome review Jennifer! Sounds really good! 😊"

Thanks, Suzy!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Nazanin wrote: "Fab review, Jennifer! Glad it was enjoyable read for you! xoxo"

Thank you, Nazanin! Me, too! 💗

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Antoinette wrote: "Great review, Jennifer. I love when a book delivers!"

Thanks, Antoinette! It really did deliver!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader JanB wrote: "Terrific review Jennifer! I’ll keep it in mind after my thriller hiatus ends :)"

Thanks, Jan! I hope you have a worthy hiatus and come back refreshed and ready for the suspense! 😊

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Marialyce wrote: "Always impressed when I see those five stars. Great review, Jennifer!"

Thanks, Marialyce!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Magdalena wrote: "Fantastic review, Jennifer!"

Thank you so much, Magdalena!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Mackenzie - Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Jennifer!!! I loved this too, but I haven't read the other one you mentioned so of course I just added it to my amazon cart! <3"

Oh, yes, I hope you enjoy it, Mack! It’s a quick read! I read it in one sitting!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Vanessa wrote: "Glad this book grabbed you from the very first chapter!"

Thanks, Vanessa! Me, too!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Fab review, Jennifer! 💙💙💙
So glad that you loved this. I cant wait to read this one."

Thank you, Mary Beth! I hope you LOVE it too! Can’t wait for your thoughts! 💗

message 47: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Miss Tarheel, I have embargoed suspense for a while, but darn it all if you didn't just pull me in! Jezebel! (with love). ❤️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader You can call me Jezebel any time, Victoria! 😍 I think this is more domestic suspense than thriller, which is nice for a change of pace. Nothing graphic- a “safer” version of suspense. I wish there were more options like this! 😊

Rachel Adding it to my list!! Thanks for the great review!!

Meredith B.  (readingwithmere) Great review, Jen! Sounds like we both flew through this one fast!

« previous 1